I have a confession… I HATE BEING SICK!
The fatigue, the chills, nausea and the nose that never stops running… not fun.
Then, of course you end up missing out on things like work, games and dates. If that’s not bad enough, chances are high you’ll pass it off to someone you care about and have to watch them suffer. Basically, it’s a pain in the butt.
What’s the Best Way to Not Get Sick?
The best ways to never get sick are to eat a nutrient-dense diet that consists of low-inflammatory foods (SCD or Paleo), fermented foods (for probiotics), and bone broths and organ meats. Make sure to sleep 7-9 hrs a night and keep stress levels low. Beyond this, take care of any underlying root causes that are dragging down your immune system.
And If You Do Get Sick…
Then it’s time to bring out the big guns. The first thing is to double your fermented foods and bone broth consumption. I was fresh out of broth the whole time I was sick, but I ate large amounts of sauerkraut with each meal.
Then, I started the following…
ACUTE FLU PROTOCOL:
- 50,000 IU of Vitamin A
- 20,000 IU of Vitamin D3
- 2,000 mg of Vitamin C, 4x per day
- 30 mg of Zinc Gluconate, 4x per day
- 1,500 mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), 3x per day
- 3 pills (1 serving) of B-Complex
- 40 drops of Gaia Herbs Echinacea Tincture, 6x per day
- 1 tsp of Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup, 6x per day
RECOVERING FLU PROTOCOL:
- 25,000 IU of Vitamin A
- 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3
- 2,000 mg of Vitamin C, 2x per day
- 30 mg of Zinc Gluconate, 2x per day
- 1,500 mg of NAC, 2x per day
- 3 pills (1 serving) of B-complex
- 40 drops of Gaia Herbs Echinacea Tincture, 3x per day
- 1 tsp of Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup, 3x per day
I’m wishing you a healthy and safe flu season! And remember it’s always a good idea to speak with your doctor before doing anything, but the above is for reference of what I did.
What do you do when you get the flu? Tell me below!