Our good friend and mentor, Chris Kresser, is releasing his NY Times best selling book, The Personal Paleo Code, in paperback with a brand new name, The Paleo Cure.
To celebrate, he has agreed to give the first 100 of you a free pre-order copy! Use this coupon code: PALEOJORDANSTEVE
These 100 books are for our community only… and I’m grateful he chose us as part of a small group of people to do this for you.
Chris has been one of our mentors over the last few years and I’d highly recommend you check out his book. He’s packed years of clinical experience and thousands of patients’ worth of troubleshooting into a $20 book. The specific vitamin and micro-nutrient supplement guidelines alone are worth picking up a copy…
He sent us review copies and of course, and it blew my mind. Mostly because I’m a nerd and I’m fascinated by the sheer volume of research he consumed to put this together. But I also like how ‘actionable’ it is. It’s not just a stuffy journal of facts, but it breaks up overcoming chronic health issues into 3 steps (reset your diet, rebuild your life, and revive your health).
Here’s 15 Quotes From Chris’s Book You Need to Hear:
- After agriculture was adopted, the average height of humans decreased by about five inches, and life expectancy decreased by seven years. (22)
- Traditional hunter-gatherer cultures ate as many as 126 different varieties of plants; today, 80% of the global population lives on only 4 staple plants: wheat, rice, corn and potatoes. (31)
- Fat is the preferred fuel for your body, and should constitute 40-70% of your calories. (55)
- Fat improves absorption of important nutrients. For example, adding an avocado to a green salad increases the absorption of beta-carotene by 18-fold. (67-68)
- Non-celiac gluten sensitivity may occur in as many as 1 in 10 people. (84)
- Our ancestors consumed a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids of between 1:1 and 2:1. Today we tend to range from 10:1 to 20:1, or as high as 30:1! (110)
- Even modest consumption of EPA and DHA (200-500 mg/d) reduces deaths from heart disease by 35% — an effect much greater than statin drugs. (111)
- Not all fiber is created equal. While soluble fibers in fruits and vegetables protects against disease, insoluble fiber in whole-grains may increase mortality. (121-122)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) affects between 10 and 15% of the population and is the second leading cause of missed work days, behind only the common cold. (162)
- Approximately 70-80% of the body’s immune cells are in the gut. (163)
- The gut contains over 100 trillion microorganisms from 1,000 different species, with 10 times more microbes than there are human cells, and 100 times more genes than exist in the human genome. (163)
- Two separate studies published in the last five years have shown that a single course of antibiotics may cause irreversible, permanent changes to the gut microbiota. (176)
- Adults who sit for more than 6 hours a day had up to a 40 percent greater risk of death over the next 15 years than those who sat for less than 3 hours a day regardless of whether they exercised. (208)
- A large body of evidence suggests the majority of people need between 7-9 hours of sleep each night, yet 35% of adults sleep fewer than 6 hours per night, up from just 2% fifty years ago. (227)
- Chronic stress contributes to diabetes and weight gain, increases inflammatory markers, triggers and exacerbates allergies and asthma, impairs cognitive function and mental health, and triggers or worsens autoimmune diseases like Multiple Sclerosis and Crohn’s Disease. (245)
Grab the Free Copies… But Don’t Worry if You’re Late to the Party
Everyone else gets free, instant access to his brand new “Better Than Paleo“ cookbook – three weeks of amazing paleo-friendly recipes our ancestors only *wish* they had.
This is not your average e-book. These are 100% original recipes, freshly created by a French-trained, Paleo-expert chef. The only thing that bursts more than the flavor are the amazing pictures of each dish. And you don’t have to be a gourmet chef to make these tasty dishes.
Oh, and once you get the first freebie, you’ll also unlock another special offer on the next page – just in time for the holidays! Be sure to take a look.
We’re honored to support Chris… someone who’s taught us so much. It’s pretty special that he gifted our community with these 100 free copies, too!